This is your launch pad. Through three iterative sprints—product, market and business model—you will develop your project in anticipation of meeting potential clients.
Applications are currently closed. Stay tuned for more information about the next cohort!
- Key connections with industry partners and your program peers.
- Matching and first talks with potential adopters.
- Steps to protect your intellectual property.
- Validation by experts on the whole of your project.
- Validate your initial hypotheses
- Work, rework and refine your idea into a viable product or service offering.
- Structure your project into an initial business model
- Solidify your product-market fit with our industry partners in the validation circle.
- Build a development roadmap for your project
- Establish the solid foundation for your startup and launch it with confidence
- Online program
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Participant engagement expected : 100 hours
- Week 1 : 35 hours
- Weeks 2 to 8 : 10 hours per week (Workshops: 3 hours / Individual preparation and work, optional activities: 7 hours)
- Up to 10 selected projects
What Genesis offers you:
- Privileged access to the Zú network and industry partners
- Services valued at $15,000 per supported project:
- 45 hours of collaborative workshops and presentations
- Access to 10 different experts for 1-1, free and on demand consultations
- 1 tailor-made program, which adapts to your pace
- Priority access to the 5G TELUS LAB, in collaboration with Lenovo, your technological sandbox
Robust and proven methods:
- Based on the design thinking and lean startup methodologies, Genesis is a program created to support projects in the start-up phase
- Close to 20 alumni companies have already completed this program
Should I apply?
You are eligible to the program if:
- You are launching a new company OR you are developing a new solution within an existing company.
- Your startup is building innovative technology and wants to carve out a place for itself in the creativity and entertainment industry.
- You have a strong idea and want to develop it into a concept and define your business plan.
- You are leveraging new technologies: Artificial intelligence, 5G, virtual reality, augmented reality, automation/robotics, edge computing, game engine, connected object (IoT), brain-machine interface, smart spaces, blockchain, intelligent clothing, haptics, etc;
- You have at least one founder available to attend all the activities organized as part of the program
- You are creating a proprietary solution, which could be protected: in other words, you are creating intellectual property.