GenesisSubmit your project
You have it: an idea. Maybe it’s vague. A little rough around the edges. But it’s there. And it’s got you in its grip.
With the Genesis program, you can test your concept and explore it from every conceivable angle to build a sustainable project. With the support of experts, you can proceed by trial and error, fail fast and, most importantly, make progress. Lots of progress.
Test and adapt your solution with a potential client. The collaborator of the first cohort of the Genesis program, BRP-X
For the launch of it’s first Genesis ideation cohort, Zú decided to collaborate with BRP-X.
Who is more representative than BRP to embody the creative and entrepreneurial spirit of Quebec? Always guided by the desire to innovate, all the playgrounds were explored by the entrepreneur, revolutionizing the motorsports industry which radiates on a planetary scale.
And it's by focusing on innovation that BRP has been able to uncover new trails, reach new heights and create unforgettable memories for those craving adventure.
Today, BRP-X, BRP’s commercial and experiential innovation incubator, is looking for the brightest entrepreneurs to develop innovative technology solutions that will stimulate the creation and dissemination of user-generated content (UGC).
This mandate is consistent with the implementation of BRP-X’s project, The Uncharted Society.
To learn more about The Uncharted Society, visit www.theunchartedsociety.com
Explore new concepts or novel ideas that amplify the experiences offered by The Uncharted Society from creation to dissemination of user-generated content (UGC).
Your concept should address the following concerns:
- Turn the Uncharted Society adventures into augmented/enriched shareable content
- Go beyond the usual type of content that an user could easily create by other means (photos, videos, stories, GoPro, etc.).
- Types of technology you might use:
- Production and customization of live content
- Data capture/Visualization (biometrics, biomechanics, geolocation, etc.)
- Brain computer interface (non-intrusive)
- Connected objects
- Smart Textiles
- Any other industry that can offer a visionary solution
- Encourage the user to generate content, whether in an automated or simplified manner
- Natively integrate the broadcasting and sharing of captured or generated data, so that they last over time
- Embody the intensity of the experience and convey the user’s excitement
- Allow modulation and customization of the generated content
By solving a concrete problem of BRP, creative entrepreneurs have the opportunity to explore their idea in depth until the creation of a business case that could lead to a real contract after the program.
Dive into the adventure.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Minimum of 5 projects selected
- Time commitment projected per week:
- Week 1: 35h
- Weeks 2: 8 to 10 hours per week
Value of $ 6000 per incubated project
- 33h of workshops and training sessions
- 1 Nomade hot desk for the duration of the program
- A program inspired by design thinking methodology
Should I apply?
You have an idea with high creative potential, but its production and distribution phases are unclear. You need to evaluate the validity of your project, take your idea to a concept and define your business model.
What's in it for you?
Your Launch Pad
Your idea will come through a series of sprints and will allow you to refine your project and develop a product roadmap
Onboarded guides and experts
The guides at Zú aren’t afraid to go into uncharted territory with the startups that they mentor. They are all experts in their fields and are here because of their infectious energy and desire to pass on their skills, know-how and experience.
- Complete team/Individual
- Less than a year of existence
- Initial prototype
- No funding
- No clients
- February 10, 2020: Application Open
- March 8, 2020: Application Deadline
- March 16, 2020: Meeting the Steering committee
- April 20, 2020: Program Begins
- June 19, 2020: End of the program
BRP-X: Call for projects
The application period ends. The selected projects will be announced by the end of March.
The guides at Zú aren’t afraid to go into uncharted territory with the startups that they mentor.
They are all experts in their fields and are here because of their infectious energy and desire to pass on their skills, know-how and experience.
The program gives you access to our Specialist Stations.
This is where you can recharge your batteries and fill up on expertise. If you have questions, resource people are on hand to answer them with clarity and precision. Whether you need support with legal service, accounting, financing, artificial intelligence or communication, a specialist will see to it that you have the assistance you need.
The tools to succeedSee all available tools
- Priority access to the Lab
- Access to the Specialist Stations
- Access to the meeting rooms
The 5G TELUS Lab: An experimental hubDiscover the 5G TELUS Lab
Level Z4 – a production suite for immersive content (virtual, augmented or mixed reality projects)
Production room #2
Level Z4 – production and video editing room
Production room #1
Level Z4 - production and video editing room equipped with a ProTool station for audio editing