Startups, Tax & accounting 101
11:00 am - 12:00 am | Add to Calendar
(IN)FUSION – Presented by La Banque Nationale
In this series of workshops imagined by Zú and presented by the National Bank, we support entrepreneurs by addressing key concepts related to startup development, helping them structure their business project and ensure its growth.
You’ve launched your product, your pitch is ready, your marketing strategy is in full swing, and you’re starting to collect some data, but what about your books? Are they financially balanced?
Accounting often seems less urgent than determining your next fundraiser, yet it is a crucial component to assess the health of your business. Without accounting, how would you know if you have the budget for a new hire or if you have enough cash flow to deliver a contract?
To cope with this reality, you have to learn a new vocabulary and make it your own: taxable and zero-rated sales, inputs, deductions, tax rates, credits of all kinds. To guide you, this (In)fusion workshop in collaboration with EY will shed light on the following key concepts: :
- The different ways to maximize your tax returns through the various existing structures in Quebec and Canada.
- The advantages of establishing a creative technology company in Quebec.
- The different tax structures that allow creative entrepreneurs to maximize their income and spendings.
- Choosing an accounting method suited to your needs.
- The advantages of having a complete financial statement.