Zú in Toronto: Meet the Montreal creative hub redefining entertainment
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm | Add to Calendar
Zú provides startups from the entertainment sector with the resources to succeed. We’re touring Canada to meet entrepreneurs and creatives.
You are creatives. Aroused by freedom. Piqued by curiosity. The birds outside the gilded cage. You are entrepreneurs. Free-speaking thinkers from here and elsewhere. And now you will find your nest!
Zú is Montreal’s new creative hub – a project set in motion by Guy Laliberté, founder of Cirque du Soleil and Lune Rouge. As creativity is a natural resource at the heart of Quebec’s reputation, it deserved a focused entrepreneurial community to help startups thrive.
Through programs, cutting edge facilities and resources, Zú exists as a catalyst for the creation of intellectual property in the entertainment sector. We cater to a wide spectrum of startups, from virtual reality, gaming, design and performing arts, to music and sports. Our residents and cohorts are a diverse bunch, united by an ambition to rework and redefine entertainment.
Opened officially in September 2019, we are touring multiple cities across the country to reach out to startups and creative entrepreneurs.
Come meet us to hear about:
- Our three programs geared towards the development of Intellectual Property
- Our state of the art coworking space in a downtown Montreal heritage building
- The TELUS 5G Lab in collaboration with Lenovo, a sandbox for testing and deploying new technology with the help of mobile edge computing
- Programming centered around key startup and entrepreneurial skills
- Exciting future infrastructures, such as a scalable atrium centered around visual arts and the conversion of an old church into a laboratory for digital experiences
Bites and drinks are on us!
Thank you to the terrific team of the DMZ at Ryerson University for making this event possible.