Transforming a startup into an SME
Growth program dedicated to pre-seed and seed stage companies that developed technologies for the creative sector, and which raised venture capital.
Vector is a customized program that professionalize and structure the startup based on a comprehensive company analysis to determine which cross-cutting skills need shoring up to secure both its growth and the investments it raised.
The Vector program responds to a need expressed by the entertainment technology market as it allows investment funds and family offices to de-risk their investments to reinforce their success, thanks to robust and thorough support. This gives startups the tools and skills they need to cross the critical threshold between the two stages.
The Vector program is supported by the Jobs and Growth Fund, a Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions (CED) agency program.
The Vector path
Investing in a seedling startup that focuses on creative industries entails several risk factors:
- The startup has little or no business history.
- Traditional due diligence and risk assessment methods cannot usually be applied to them.
- The investor has no visibility into the entrepreneur’s ability to become a successful CEO.
- The entertainment technology industry has enormous potential but is still young.
Vector’s support addresses many of these issues by minimizing investors’ risks and foster success and growth by offering:
- Hands-on and tailor-made support capitalizing on the startup’s potential to shore up their known weaknesses and guarantee investment growth.
- Clear objectives and deliverables for tangible results.
- A program based on proven methodologies.
- Every stakeholder’s involvement in the process—both the entrepreneur and the investor(s).
- A network of renowned experts.
- Premium support specialized in the creative and entertainment industries that already has a proven track record: Over 80 startups supported since 2018 with a 90% survival rate, over 100 mentors and experts, and a network of over 30 partners.
Triptyq Capital, a seed stage venture capital fund investing in disruptive tech companies that fuel the creator economy, is already receiving support from Vector for its portfolio.
- Complete assessment of the startup’s capabilities
- Creation of a roadmap to define the skills to shore up and list objectives and deliverables
- Support by a team of 3 renowned mentors
- Regular follow-ups with the investor(s) and reporting
Supporting the entrepreneurs is a team of three mentors devoted to each startup, sharing their valuable experience and helping them strengthen their known weaknesses.
The Vector program uses the prestigious Team Mentoring methodology licensed from the MIT Venture Mentoring Service (MIT VMS).
You want to know more?
Entrepreneurs, visit the Programs page to register to our next information session.
Investors, do you want your portfolio to benefit from the Vector program? Contact Pierre-Olivier Bontems, Advisor, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, firstname.lastname@example.org